- This article is for the Faerie court. For other uses, see Court.
Harry Dresden describes Winter:
"Winter's nature was beautiful violence, stark clarity, the most feral needs, and animal desires and killer instinct pitted against the season of cold and death—the will and desire to fight, to live, even when there was no shelter, no warmth, no respite, no hope, and no help."
It is the Winter Court's job to defend the Outer Gates from Outsiders. and the White Council estimates Mab's troop count to be about fifty thousand. Yet at the Outer Gates, there are more than that in one single formation. The capital of the Winter Court is Mab's fortress, Arctis Tor.
Hawthorne wood does not care much for creatures of winter, it burns hot.
The Winter Court is ruled by the three Winter Queens: Mother Winter, Winter Queen, and Winter Lady. It also keeps a mortal champion, the Winter Knight.
- This article section is for the Court position. For the current individual, see Mother Winter.
Mother Winter is the oldest of the three Winter Queens and The Queen Who Was; the previous holder of the title Winter Queen. She is sometimes the mother of the current one, and is not referred to by name but by her position.(reference needed)
- Main article: Winter Queen
The Winter Queen is the ruler of the Winter Court and The Queen Who Is; the former Winter Lady. She will be the future Mother Winter.
The current Winter Queen is Mab.
- Main article: Winter Lady
The Winter King is a Wyldfae associated with the season of Winter. He is independent of the Queens and has a nature that is the opposite of his season's queen.(reference needed)
- Main article: Winter Knight's Mantle
- Lloyd Slate was the Winter Knight from Summer Knight until Changes,(reference needed) when he was replaced by Harry Dresden.
- Main article: Winter Law
When the Law is defied, the power, or Mantle, is stripped away.(reference needed)