The Aleutian Islands[Footnote 1] are a chain of 14 large volcanic islands and 55 smaller ones belonging to both the United States and Russia.
They form part of the Aleutian Arc,[Footnote 2] westward from the Alaska Peninsula[Footnote 3] toward the Kamchatka Peninsula[Footnote 4] in Russia, and mark a dividing line between the Bering Sea to the north and the Pacific Ocean to the south. They cross the International Date Line.[Footnote 5] The islands comprise a number of volcanoes and are part of the Pacific Ring of Fire.[Footnote 6]
These islands are most known for the battles and skirmishes that occurred there during the Aleutian Islands Campaign of World War II[Footnote 7].
In the seriesEdit
- Main article: Cold Case
- ↑ Aleutian Islands - wikipedia
- ↑ Aleutian Arc - wikipedia
- ↑ Alaska Peninsula - wikipedia
- ↑ Kamchatka Peninsula - wikipedia
- ↑ International Date Line - wikipedia
- ↑ Pacific Ring of Fire - wikipedia
- ↑ Aleutian Islands Campaign - wikipedia