Alchemy is a branch of magic used by practitioners known as alchemists to create magical potions. Master alchemists on the White Council wear banded silver cords.
The ingredients of each potions are different for every person. However, all potions are made with seven ingredients: one for each sense, one for the mind, and one for the soul. The basic concept is to add the ingredients one by one, stir, wait, and shove magic into it at the end. The process can take several hours. It is quite easy to create two potions at the same time, but three is beyond the capability of most potioneers. Unlike spells, potions work based on the ingredients rather than intent.
- Escape potions allow the drinker to escape danger by teleporting them or granting superhuman speed. (reference needed)
- Wolf potions heighten the drinker's senses. (reference needed)
- Love potions cause the drinker to fall in love with a pre-determined target. (reference needed)
- Blending potions make the drinker appear so unremarkable and bland that observers do not truly notice the drinker unless he acts to counteract the potion's effect. An effective if limited alternative to invisibility. (reference needed)
In the seriesEdit
- Main article: Storm Front
In Storm Front,
|This section of the article is a stub. You can help the Dresden Files Wiki by expanding it.|